Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weigh-In Day. Rollin'. Rollin'. Rollin' on the river...

Big wheel keep on turnin'. Proud Mary keep on burnin'.  Rollin'.......   Ok, so I'm in a Tina Turner mood.  The point is, that stone rolled over the hill.  And I am at minus 22 pounds.  8 pounds closer to my 2nd big goal. 

Last night I went out, after being good and following all my points I had 13 points and my weekly points left.  Which was good.  Because I had 2 hot toddys (whiskey, hot water, lemon juice, cinnamon) a vodka press (raspberry vodka and some sort of tonic.  it was GREAT) a veggie burger with swiss cheese and mushrooms and onions and lettuce (dear lord, just thinking about it now makes my mouth water!!!) and the kicker .... cajun tater tots with a little dish of ranch.  The tots were not good for me.  But they were soooooooooo yummy.    And so this morning it was with great trepidation (and no hangover since I drank a big glass of water with each drink) that I stood on the scale.  Yesterday I was at 21.5 pounds down.  Which I would have been happy with, because just getting over 20 was my goal.  But today it's 22.  Happy dance!

So, to review.  This last week I tried very very hard to not go over my daily points.  I will confess that I did go over at least twice, before last night.  Altho neither time was over by more than 2 points, so they came out of my weekly points.  And I honestly don't know what last night's points were but I know I did not use up the weekly points.  And I walked for 3 days this last week.  Not the 4 that I had said I would.  No big walks this time either.  Just under 2 miles.  So this week I will try the same things:  stick to the points as much as possible.  And really, try to not go over and use the weekly points.  And walk for 4 days.  Now, I may have to change up my exercise if the weather continues to do what it did yesterday (POUR) but I do have my Wii Fit and a goal of 30 minutes a day is not impossible.

I'm telling you, if you pay attention to what you eat, if you can sign up for weight watchers and stick to your points and you add a little bit of exercise every week, more and more, you will see results.  Next goal?  25 pounds.  And if I can do that 4 times I'll be at my final goal.

Which reminds me of an article that I read on WW that I was going to paraphrase here yesterday, but forgot.  It's all about writing your own success story.  You know, the stories of the people who tell you what they looked and felt like before and then you see how fabulous they look after and you read the things they are able to do now that they've met their goals.  I liked it because I really think it works when you imagine and picture what your success will look like.  If you can imagine it you can make it happen.

The article is by Sylvie Donna and it's called Plan Your Own Success Story -

                    Plan your appearance:  Visualize your photo shoot, what will you wear?  What colors? How will you feel in your new body?  How slim are you?  Picture how you will look, would you wear different colors than you do now?  Different styles?

                    Plan your turning point:  If you read the success stories you will notice that most people have turning points that they can identify readily.  What turned out to be the key in your success?  Did you track things differently?  Did you become more active?  Was there a certain point in time that made you decide to do things?  (I already have my own)

                   Plan your people:  I love this one.  It's easy for me.  You get to identify the people that were key to your success.  And I can tell you dear readers that each of YOU is one of my people.  :)  Mel, you were the kickstart as you have been many times before for me to make a change in my life.  And Janice, Laurie, Lara, Barb, even my mom who hasn't joined WW but is tracking her food.  And my roommate who has gone on my walks with me and steps on the scale to see if he's made any changes.  Yes, looking at the people who were key in your success.  Great question.  And very easy for me to identify mine.  Who are your's?

                  Plan your new priorities:  "Most success stories include some mention of a change of priorities. How will your life have changed? What will your new perspective be? What new routines will you have? Which part of your new lifestyle will have been an essential part of getting you to this point? (Is planning now your top priority? Is it buying in healthy snacks? Is it regular walking? Do you see yourself regularly going to the gym?)."  I just copied and pasted that because it says it so well.

                  Plan your pointers:  What are your tips for others.  If you can identify or guess what your keys for successful change are, you'll be well on your way to the actual success you are planning.  Of course, you have to actually be USING your tips.  :)

Yep, I can start planning my own success story now.  It's been 2 months and I am almost 25 pounds down.  At this rate I'll be closing in on around 60 pounds lost by the time I turn 40 at the end of January.  And THAT would be something to celebrate. 

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

2 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO!!!!
    I am so proud of you. Seriously. In awe. Thanks for taking me on this journey with you. Here's to a big celebration in January. Hope we don't live in Boston so I can be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. And I'm tellin' ya - it's just one day at a time. Party in January inDEED. Boston?! uh. NO. My vote is NO. There's no west coast in Boston.

    ReplyDelete