Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week 7 Day 4 - Ch-ch-ch-changes

I made a big decision today.  A life-changing, have only told one other person decision.  I am going to have a new job by this time next year.  In fact it's going to happen as soon as I can put all the pieces together.  This is something that I have been thinking about/talking about for a while now and it is something that must be done.  I have been talking to some of my best friends in the last month about the importance of doing the right thing, and the right thing is following what your inner voice tells you.  Not doing things just because you're "supposed to." Since Journey can't be quoted too often, "Be good to yourself, 'cause nobody else will."  Ok, so other people might be good to you but the only person that knows what it's like to live in your head/behind your eyes is YOU. 

And I know this because I believe it.  I also know this because I used to be a therapist.  And I want to be one again.  It will change my income but I have to follow what I know will make me feel like I am doing a difference and following my heart.  And I have the opportunity to do that. 

Today I found myself looking at myself in the mirror and saying "you are going to be 40 and you hate your job and you can change that."  Part of my change is already happening, this whole getting healthy part is helping to wake me up to the fact that it really is my choice.  And I do have the control of this outcome.  Both, in fact.

And I am going to take a big trip to a country overseas and go hiking.  It's something I've wanted for a few years now and I have said "I'll do it when I've paid my student loans off" or "when I lose all the weight".  And I have always been someone who says "Carpe Diem" and I believe that.  Really, we have to seize the day.  The moment. Because life goes by fast. 

So, today I cleaned my room and thought things through.  I have been planning to get rid of things for a while now but with this in my head I really went through things.  It was my short work day and so I had the extra time and cleaning counts for exercise points too!  I have more to clean and get rid of.  But today I made a dent.

And here is what I had to eat, it wasn't super healthy, but it was what I wanted and I made better choices than I would have in the past.

2 Dannon Light & Fit yogurts (4 oz) 2.5
Sandwich thins - 1
2 tbsp Peanut butter - 5
Smart Ones meal - 4
3 pieces light string cheese - 3.5
1 bag light popcorn (and this is more than I thought) - 7.5 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
1 serving 100 calorie cheese crisps - 2 (by the way I found these at Target, they are less points than the Cheez-its and taste just as great!)
2 cups Progress Light southwest style vegetable soup - 1.5

I spent the most of my points in the afternoon but I still have 6 left and I'm going to make them count.

So, yeah, it was an eventful day.  And I know it's the right thing.  Because I feel good.
I'm still taking it one day.  One pound.  One point at a time.

~N

No comments:

Post a Comment