Friday, September 3, 2010

Week 5 Day 6 - Thank god it's over

So, yeah, today sucked.  Yesterday's 10 hours was NOT enough to make today any less crappy.  But it's work.  Not that I expect it to be fantastic, it was Friday after all.  I will not make the mistake of not getting up to walk again.  That makes such a huge difference to me.  All it is is 10 minutes walking before I've showered or put makeup on but that 10 minutes makes me able to deal with angry co-workers and never-ending stuff to do NOW.

I was prepared with my snacks tho.  I now have to go shopping for Smart Ones, their breakfasts are great and low numbers.  I had a couple of yogurts, nice sugary taste to feel like a treat.  Made a basic sandwich of Sara Lee bread (I'm stuck on the 45 calorie slices, the thin subs are 100 calories for the whole sandwich, but these only add up to 90!) a slice of cheddar and some veggie meat. (You get 2 Yves slices for 1 point)  I also took a container of cherry tomatoes and baby carrots and a couple of string cheese sticks. 
Tonight our friend is over to play Wii Golf and other video games so I'm using some of my weekend points, we are having yummy chicken quesadillas (and tortillas are 4 points...) and I had the last of my Limoncello (because I deserve it dammit!).  One of the tricks they talk about on WW is to eat before you go to a party...so I made myself a very good (and low point) salad with carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, lettuce/spinach, and a little bit of vinaigrette BEFORE I drank my Limoncello and before I started in on the chicken. 

And guess what I'm doing tomorrow??  Thanks to my friend Janice I'm going on a 6 mile hike.  Going with the roommate and our friend.  I know, 6 miles.  But it's promised not to be up any hills like heartattack hill.  And I'm looking forward to it.  I really like being outside.  Anything not to sit indoors too long after working so much.  I will still do my share of sitting indoors tomorrow but I will walk.  A LOT.  :)

I will blog tomorrow night about the walk, I'm calling it a Fat Girl Hike (because I am NOT marching up a hill) and I'm looking forward to it!!  TGIF peoples.

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

2 comments:

  1. It's a great walk/hike. Birds in the air and on the water (even saw a bald eagle on the 4th of July) deer, lot of floral. Great along the lake!!! Stays cool - take your water and just enjoy nature. Looking forward to your comments tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the idea. It was WORTH it. :)

    ReplyDelete