Thursday, September 2, 2010

Week 5 Day 5 - Tired

Ugh, I am freakin exhausted.  Just finished a 10 hour day at work and it wasn't even a Friday!   I got up this morning and did my walk.  And this time I got 3/4 or more up heart-attack hill.  Tomorrow I'm thinking I may just make it the entire way!!  I did NOT want to get up but I did.  Yay me.

I had a Smart Ones breakfast - it had cheesy eggs and some hashbrowns, yum (4 points).   Then I had a yogurt, it's a bigger one than the ones I usually get so it's 2 points.  Then I went to a meeting....oh yes, they had food.  So I got a salad in a little plastic container.  This salad had probably 2 cups of lettuce, 3 strawberries, a handful of walnuts and a container of vinaigrette dressing.....and the whole thing was off the charts in points.  Why you ask??  Because they think you are going to eat the entire container of dressing.....and I did not.  I had less than 2 tbsp, oh yeah and it had feta.  Seriously, just that one little container of dressing (and it was the size of those little containers they bring with Dominos pizza, the ones with garlic oil/butter?  yeah, I love breadsticks in those.  Anyway, it was that size.)  made all the difference in terms of calories.  Then I went back to work and had some carrots and tomatos and a bit of ranch that I had portioned out this morning (love my little containers) and when I run out of my sugar free chocolate puddings I will be sad.  Meantime I enjoyed one. 

I came home and instead of being one with my couch (and oh did I want to just sit here and stare at the tv) I got my roommate to do Wii Fit and I did a run with him, and then I did my own measuring and checking in (still hate that little voice when it says "that's obese" but I am proud to see the drop in percentage of BMI so there's that).  So, all together I had around 20 minutes of moderate activity.  (I did some balance games, the hula hoop, the step and some strength moves.)

And I know it will be worth it when I step on that scale on Sunday morning.  Did not drink enough water today, I have to remind myself to do that every day.  But it's still...

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

Ps. Congrats MtSnowbb on your progress.  Every pound counts girl!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go girl!! You are doing great and just keep the momentum going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl. I am so glad we get to see each other all the time. You help remind me I CAN. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finally getting caught up on your blogs, and I just saw your note to me. THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete