Monday, September 6, 2010

Week 6 Day 2 - Up where the air is clear

When I was a little kid I used to love to watch Mary Poppins and the song "Let's go fly a kite" was one of my favorite songs.  (Of course Superkalifragiliciousexpialidocious and Chim-chiminy were right up there as well)  Today I did not want to get up early and walk, and so I scouted ideas for a different walk and again tip of the hat to Janice for the idea - I walked along the Columbia river which is not far from my house. 

My roommate went with me and we walked 2 miles along beautiful scenery (and lots of people) and at the end we got a drink at one of the restaurants along the boardwalk.  Ginger mojitos are totally worth the 4.5 points.  (ok, mostly worth it....4.5 points?!)  I really think I can get myself into a habit of finding new places to walk and get my heart going.  I am not anti-gym, but it's just not really for me.  I love the variety of scenery and the fresh air and the sounds.  Will have to come up with something suitable when it starts to be winter because I may love the snow but I do not see myself walking 3 miles a day in snow...unless it's for a horror story for a kid "in my day we walked 3 miles in the snow...up hill....both ways"

This morning we went out to breakfast and boy do I need to really look my points up before I go out to eat!!  I had an egg substitute vegetable omelette (onions, mushrooms, peppers, some cheese, and salsa on top) 1 piece of wheat toast and about 1 cup of hashbrowns.   (And some coffee)  The omelette itself was 10 points.....yeah.  So, I will next time ask for the egg white omelette and see if they can make it to order.  After that yummy meal I was so full I haven't eaten since.  But after the walk I am getting hungry and will check out something in the kitchen. 

The exercise points will keep adding up, I am now positive I can get up and walk every morning.  Even in the rain.  And I plan to walk further tomorrow morning, I clocked how far a mile is today when we were driving to the boardwalk and I am sure I can do it.  Just a little longer.  And I may throw in good old heart attack hill while I'm at it.

Feeling good even tho I'm still not further down on pounds.  This is week 6.  Went by fast and I just keep taking it....

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment