Sunday, September 12, 2010

Week 7 - Day 1 - Paused

So, today is weigh-in day.  And I got up this morning.  Went to the kitchen and stood on the scale.  And the number had not moved from last week.  Now, keeping in mind (and having re-read) my post about plateaus I know that 1 week of zero weight loss does not make it a plateau.  However I am irritated.  And that makes me motivated.

I had a feeling I had not lost more this week.  Being angry makes me hold onto things.  I don't know exactly what. (I have my theories.) But I know it does.  So I just have to keep focused.  I am not done with my journey, I have not met my next goal.  Yet.  And I will.

So, yesterday I walked 4 miles.  Today my foot was sore (I've started to develope a blister, I have to be careful.) so I did not plan a big walk.  But I DID walk.  I did a mile in 16 minutes.  That is not fast, but it's not slow either.  It may in fact be the fastest mile I've done yet in the last 6 weeks.  I am going to pay very close attention to my points this week, not that I didn't last week but I did go over my points and dip into the weekly points and I think that did not help me. 

So I have 2 things to work on this week.  First will be to stay either exactly at my points (33 currently) or under the points.  And second will be to keep the activity points up.  I had 18 this last week.  Week before I had 20.  So, I want to do at LEAST 18 points this week.  Preferrably 20+.

One of the things I found in the Weight Watchers magazine was a plan to work on a walking routine and get "Back on Track".  (Jan/Feb 2009, Weight Watchers Magazine, pg 110) It is a 16 week plan to get you going on a regular exercise program and it adds short bursts of cardio to the walking that increases from 5 minutes a day (4 days a week) to 30 minutes a day. I'm starting on week 6 because I didn't really start exercising for the first week or two in this.  So, here's the plan:

Week 1:  4 days - walk 5 min, do 10 jumping jacks.
Week 2: (each week it's 4 days)Walk 5 to 10 min.  Run in place 2 min.
Week 3: Walk 10 min. 20 jumping jacks.
Week 4: Walk 10 min. Run in place 3 min.
Week 5: Walk 15 min. 25 jumping jacks.
Week 6: Walk 20 min. Run in place 5 min. (I think I'll do the Wii for this one, the Fit has a good one.
Week 7: Walk 25 min. 25 jumping jacks.
Week 8: Walk 30 min.
Week 9: Walk 30 min. 20 jumping jacks.
Week 10: Walk 35 min. Run in place 4 min.
Week 11: Walk 40 min. 25 jumping jacks.
Week 12: Walk 45 min. Run in place 6 min.
Week 13: Walk 50 min. 30 jumping jacks.
Week 14: Walk 55 min. Run in place 6 min.
Week 15: Walk 55 min. 35 jumping jacks.
Week 16: Walk 60 min.

The longer the walking time the more challenging this will be to do during the work day.  But I will figure something out.  Being active is key to my success.  And unlike eating activity is not a habit of mine.  Yet.

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you. You don't sound discouraged by no loss this week. Maybe you are, but you have the right attitude. Just keep going. WAY TO GO!!

    I copied/pasted the walking/exercise plan you wrote down in here. It will be most helpful to me as I am trying to start being active. Haven't yet.

    Why is that part soooo hard for me? I was so athletic and active in high school. What happened to that girl????? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. No, I'm not discouraged. I'm mad. And channeling that into motivation.

    I like that the plan gets you started with 5 minutes a day. THAT is easy to do! Just go outside and walk for 2.5 minutes, turn around and walk back. I recommend doing it before you eat dinner. You won't want to eat as much, maybe...

    ReplyDelete