Saturday, September 11, 2010

Week 6 Day 6 - Just keep going

Still didn't get up to walk today and I did not meet my other goal of walking during the day.  That habit is going to have to be made one step at a time.  I am scouting places to walk for the weekend. 

But today was not a bad day.  I'm under my points actually.  Worked hard, went in early and stayed the same hours as I normally would have so overtime is coming my way whether the boss wants it or not.

I had not gone shopping yet so I was out of my snacks that I like to use at work, but I still had a Dannon light & Fit yogurt and my Sara Lee bread so I had a sandwich at lunch, with veggie turkey and a slice of colby cheese that was totally worth the 3 points.  Drank more today and that helped the mid-afternoon cravings.  Still have Lifewater after my last shopping spree so I had that and tea.  And I was scrounging in the cupboard and found a Progresso soup can - 1.5 points!!  So that kept me full and this evening is usually a hard one with points because we have a friend that comes over and I usually stay up too late (much as tonight) and drink so that adds up the points quickly.  But today after work I went to Safeway and went shopping for good stuff. 

I got stuff for salad, found a fat free feta that will be delish in my salad.  Cherry tomatos, more thin bread from Sara Lee, I got the Dannon Lite and Fit mini yogurts (they are less calories than the big ones and I don't like the Active One yogurt as much) and some low fat cottage cheese.  I then went through the frozen foods section and bought some Smart Ones foods, some Weight Watchers ice cream (2 points for a HUGE cookies and cream bar!) and weight watchers string cheese.  Got some more pudding, this time I went for the fat free kind and then I got a bunch of the Progresso Soups for lunches, some more little containers to pack snacks in and some Cheezit crackers for the soup.  I love soup this time of year!  And because I also love pasta during fall I went for the whole wheat pasta and got some broccoli (0 points for 1 cup!) and some sauce.  I'll make some of that for dinner this next week.  Got some Coke Zero, vanilla (YUM) and more life water.  And I feel set for at least a week, probably have to buy more salad stuff and veggies but yeah, I had a great dinner.

Had a big salad with tomatos, cucumber, fat free feta and the vinaigrette I love.  Had some of my light popcorn (yeah, I bought some of that too)  and a sandwich and an ice cream bar for dessert. 

So, shopping made me feel better, knowing I have all that good and healthy stuff available feels good.  And I WILL be walking tomorrow.  Even if it's where I walked last week.  It's my favorite time of year and the air is fresh and clear.  Time to get out in it and become the active person I know I can be, but haven't been for a long time.

Posted this too late to show up on Friday so it'll show as 2 on Saturday.  Sept 11th.  Date of significance for anyone who was alive and aware 9 years ago.  It is significant to me in that it is my last 11th being in this shape.  I am determined.

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment