Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Week 7 Day 3 - Don't Stop Believing

I got the idea for the title from Glee, they are doing Journey songs on tonight's episode and Journey will always have a special place in my heart, it was my very favorite band all through high school and right into college.  To this day as long as it's the Steve Perry grouping I can at least sing the songs, if not play them on the piano.  Plus, this particular song has a great message.

So I got up this morning and did a 10 minute walk.  It really is a great way to start my day.  Unfortunately I didn't walk any other times today.  But I did stick to my points.  I worked with my friend B on looking up points so she can get started on this too.

OH, I have a "yay me" minute from last night.  I made a great dinner of broccoli and whole wheat pasta with sauce and low fat cottage cheese.  And when I was done with my fantastic dinner I wanted dessert.  I wanted chocolate.  And I wanted it bad.  But when I looked at my points I was exactly at 33.  And one of my goals this week was to not go over my points.  I had a fudge bar in the freezer worth 1 point.  And I did not eat it.  Nope.  I had a vanilla Coke Zero and drank some water and I did NOT go over my points.

I got bored at work today and I should have gone on a walk.  But I found some other projects to work on.  And then on my way home I had a fantastic 2 hour phone call and vent session with one of my closest friends.  I could have walked but I decided not to tonight.  I will get up and walk in the morning because it's helping me deal with work.  And because tomorrow is my short day I will have time and I will walk my mile and the hill.

So, tonight I'm going to just list what I ate today because I know it helps to know and I'll put the points values as well:

2 Dannon Light & Fit yogurts - 2.5 points
1 cup black tea with sugar - 2 (the points are from the sugar)
12 baby carrots with 1 tbsp light ranch dressing - 1
Sandwich thins - 1
1 piece provolone cheese - 3
2 pieces Yves veggie meat - 1
2 packets weight watchers string cheese - 2.5
Snack Pack Fat Free Tapioca - 1
1 can Progresso Light Vegetable and barley soup - 1.5
29 Cheeze-its reduced fat crackers - 3
6 water crackers - 2
1 oz hard cheese - 3
Sandwich thins - 1
Morningstar Farms Grillers California Turk'y (2 patties) - 3.5
1 tsp mayonnaise - 1

I have 4 points left and I am going to make a salad, and cut back on the dressing to keep it to 3 points so I can have that fudge bar.

Even if it's only for 10 minutes that's an exercise point.  And that's more than I was doing before I started this.

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment