Monday, September 13, 2010

Week 7 Day 2 - "You're a heart breaker...

4.5 points Yummy Salad
....dream maker, love taker don't you mess around with me.  Come on!! "  Love me some Pat Benetar. I need to make a walking playlist for my Ipod.  I started to make a list the other day.  I'm up to 10 songs now.

So, I walked for 20 minutes today.  1.2 miles.  And that .2 was heartattack hill.  And I have proof.  I was on the phone with one of my favorite people.  And we'll talk again tomorrow, while I'm walking again.  I don't know if the plan is that you do the walk for 20 min and then run in place for 5 min directly after that but I haven't done the run yet.  Gonna get the Wii Fit out for that one.  They have a running thing and I need something to run towards besides the end of the time.

I bought a pedometer today.  Cheap little one but it works.  Because I had already measured how far my walk was and it was exactly the same.  So now I'll wear that all day and add up how much I move.  I did not get up this morning to walk.  But I did walk today.  And hopefully tomorrow I'll feel more like getting up because MAN I can tell a difference when I don't.  (And I'll bet if you talk to my co workers they notice a difference too...)

One of my very best girlfriends (in fact the one that I wrote adoption papers for in 8th grade) wrote me today and she is going to sign up for weight watchers also.  She's going through the same frustrating yoyo that I've been riding - the one where you lose some and then you find it (and sometimes more). She asked me if it works and I can honestly say "yes"  I really believe it works. But as another one of my friends pointed out about exercise, the best kind is the one you do.  And the best diet is the one you stay on.  I feel like I can do this.  I know I can do this.

So, here's what I ate today and I'll include the points too for B who is learning about the system...

Dannon Lite & Fit 60 cal yogurt x 2 = 2.5 points (1 point a piece)
Weight Watchers String Cheese x 2 = 2.5 points (1 point a piece)
12   baby carrots = .5 points
2 tbsp Light Ranch dressing/dip = 2 points
Sandwich Thins bread (2 pieces) = 1 point
slice of colby/cheddar cheese = 3 points
2 slices Yves Meatless Salami lunch "meat" = 1 point
Veggie Patty = 2 points (this was something I found in the work kitchen along with chips and pretzels and potato salad...I picked the patty)
1 can Progresso Light Vegetable and Noodle soup = 1.5 points
1 serving (29 crackers) reduced fat Cheez-its = 3 points
1 cup Snack pack Fat Free Chocolate pudding = 1 point

I have 13 points to go in the day and I'm planning salad and whole wheat spaghetti with some veggie burger.  Walking before I eat dinner helps me not be as hungry as I usually am when I get home.

So, today was Monday and I survived.  Still taking it ....

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

1 comment:

  1. ps. the points in the salad are from the Fat Fre Feta (1.5) and the Vinaigrette (3)

    ReplyDelete