Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 8 Day 5 - Sick and tired

Well, what I thought was allergies for the last 2 or so weeks must not just be allergies cause I spent 80-90% of today asleep.  Sneezing, coughing, headache.  Yep, good old-fashioned cold.  And for this I take the night-time sneezing, coughing, fever, so you can rest medicine - Nyquil.  I buy the generic kind (cause if you look at the ingredients it makes zero difference if it is Walgreens or the actual Nyquil or Dayquil brand, just costs more) and I pop them like candy.  Totally don't follow the maximun dose.  And before you start writing in to tell me that's dangerous.  I know.  I don't mix them with other stuff and I don't go too far.  Just enough to knock me out so I can sleep and get rid of this.  

So I did not exercise today, except to walk to the bathroom and kitchen and back to my bed.  And I had the soup that my roommate made yesterday.  The thing is - I looked up the ingredients on the ww website today and I am afraid that it might be an 8 or 10 point per bowl soup.  Yikes.  Potato, celery, onion, squash, boullion, garlic, mushrooms and vegetable broth add up.  The site has a build your own recipe thing where you enter the ingredients and that's what I came up with.  So, I didn't eat much but that soup is costly.  The more you know the more you realize you have to watch it.  And the more I realize how little I paid attention to what I ate.  I have this erroneous thought process that says "if it's soup it must be low calorie" (except for the cheddar broccoli stuff) and now that I'm paying close attention I realize just how easy it is to slip into that pattern that will pack on the pounds.  And I'm not doing that.

In one of my brief awake states today I watched an episode of Nip/Tuck on Netflix and there was this lady that was literally fused to her couch.  She had back pain and in order to not be in pain she stayed on the couch.  Her fear of pain led to her becoming one with her couch.  They had to cut the side of her house open to move her out and put her on a back loader and take her to the hospital where she eventually died.  That type of life is one that I have a deep, dark fear of ever having.  I realize that I am actually not headed anywhere near that direction.  And that's great, but I think knowing that that exact scenario could indeed happen to someone is great motivation to get up and do stuff. 

So, not working again tomorrow.  I need to kick this bug completely and sleep will help.  And lots of water, tea and Lifewater.  And I think that tomorrow I will do some yoga.  Don't really feel like walking is a realistic option but yoga is.

Hope each of you is well.  I have a feeling there are a lot of different bugs going around out there so, rest up, get your rest and drink lots of fluids.  This too shall pass.

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment