Thursday, September 16, 2010

Week 7 Day 5 - Sisyphus

So, in Greek Mythology there's this guy Sisyphus who thinks himself smarter than the god Zeus and for his punishment he is given the task of pushing a boulder up a hill and at the last minute the boulder rolls back down and he has to start again.  Forever.   I think I've felt like that about my weight.  But I'm going to keep going till I get that damn boulder over that hill. Right now the hill is 20 pounds.  I will get there.

Today was fine.  Boring actually.  No earth-shattering revelations or decisions.  And not much work.  But I am fighting a cold/allergies and that was the excuse I used to NOT get up and out of bed to walk this morning.  *sigh*  But I did stay in my points.  And ate good food.  And I will not beat myself up for it.  Just being real. 

I always feel good when I walk, but I have to get myself up in the morning to do that.  Habits.  ...

I tried the Smart Ones Quesadilla tonight.  They were very good.  I had a salad and the quesadillas and water.  And now I'm figuring out what I want for dessert.  Because I want something sweet and because I still have the points.

The rest of the day I pretty much had what I've been having.  Yogurt, sandwich, carrots, diet soda.  I can pretty much eat the same food for a while.  I'm weird like that.  But I find comfort in knowing that I'll not be going over my points.  And THAT can be a habit. 

One day.  One pound.  One step/boulder at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment