Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Week 9 Day 3 - Got to keep on movin.

Biggest Loser night tonight. Watching Jilian and Bob (yes even Bob, hilarious to see the gleam in his eye when the guy asked if they were almost done yet) put these people through the work outs on day 1 and 2.  Man oh man.  Puking and sweating. Looking like total hell.  Crying.

I hadn't walked since Saturday so I got my yoga mat out and I started doing push ups, leg lifts, some weights for my arms and spent 10 minutes doing that.  10 minutes is NOTHING compared to what the people were doing on my tv.  But when they were sitting in the kitchen talking about the things they used to eat and how much exercise they need to do to really speed up the weight loss I was thinking "that is me, that is something that I need to do.  To put myself in that burning mode." 

I need to make a yellow line for myself.  And the exercise is what needs to happen.  I am doing ok with my eating.  I even counted out 14 Cheezits today (because I ate all the Target crackers) and instead of thinking that's not enough cracker - it was just right.  Wow, the first guy stepped on the scale and lost 41 pounds.  In 2 weeks.  That's more than me in 9.  Exercise.  That's the key. 

So, the mat will stay out in the living room and I will do this again in the morning.  I can use what I'm watching on tv as a momentum, a reminder to keep going.  Because I've done this before, lost weight by moving and watching what I ate.  And I have to see this, to use this as my LIFE changer.  Not just a passing fancy or fad.

Being aware of what I eat and what it does to me.  They talked about that tonight, when looking at what the people were used to eating and holding it up and saying "THIS is what is killing you" - that's the stuff I have to look at.  I've been eating very healthy stuff for over 2 months now.  And it's not been difficult.  I found a new favorite - Jello sugar free Dulce Du Leche.  YUM.  1 point.  Yummy goodness.  And I found 100 calorie packs of popcorn.  1 point for the WHOLE BAG!!  Way better than 7.5 for a bag.  Still loving the progresso light soups.  And those sandwich thins are my new pick for bread and bagels.  I can't see going back to the other kind of bread.  Sara Lee or Sandwich Thins and I found some bagel thins too. 

I'm just going to keep doing this thing One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.  (And maybe make a yellow line somewhere on my scale before weigh in day next Sunday...)
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment