Monday, August 30, 2010

Week 5 Day 2 - Movin on Up

So, yeah, it's not 17 pounds.  It's 18.5!!!  I knew I had lost more.  :) 

And, because I've been walking all weekend I walked some more today.  I actually woke up before my alarm clock (not unheard of) and got UP (totally unheard of).  Without even worrying how I looked I put some clothes on and went out the door by 6:45 and went on a walk.  I don't know if I mentioned it or not but there's a hill behind my house.  It's a steep hill.  The last time I tried to walk up it I wanted to lie down and sleep about 1/2 of the way up.  No I did not climb the hill this morning.  But I did walk 1/3 of the way up, after walking down the street and up another not-quite so steep culdesac.  I was done by just after 7 and still had plenty of time to get ready for work.  And it felt great!  It was a little bit misty (not raining but a northwest version of fog) and felt really good. 

Then, at work I made the time to go walk with a co-worker.  1 mile.  I know it was 1 mile because I have walked that route many times. Movement.  Exercise will put the shove in the momentum I've been enjoying.  And I've kept to my points.  I didn't shop when I got home last night but I did after work today.  Yogurt and fresh vegetables (had the BEST stir fry tonight.  SO good) and the sandwich bread you told me about Janice, and more Lifewater and some cheese.  (Because I will always want cheese, I'm like Wallace from Wallace and Grommit - must. have. cheese.) 

Not drinking enough water I think, I had the 64 ounces we're supposed to get, but the more I move the more I will need the water.   So, this week will be all about continuing the movement that Mel helped push me into this weekend.  (Ok, to be fair she didn't push me into it, she asked if I wanted to and I was happy to go.) If I can do what I did today at least 3 times this week I will be VERY pleased with myself.  And 20 will go by so fast I'll be flying towards 25!

Posted late tonight, have to go to bed to get up for early meeting (and before that for a walk) so I will just tell you that I was very good today.  I had fruit, protein, grains, water and moved.  And it felt fan-freakin tastic.  Had a co worker tell me she could tell I had more energy!!  ON A MONDAY!!!!  Yep.  I not only survived Monday, I left it in a smoldering heap on the ground. 

It's all about believing you can do it.  And I KNOW I can.  And trust me, if I can there is no way you can't!!

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment