Thursday, August 19, 2010

Week 3 Day 5 - Repentance

Oh yes, repentance.  Penance.  Guilt.  And not a little bit of shame.  However, today was not difficult and I'm still working on changing my mind-set when it comes to work lunches....

Happily today I made choices that I was proud of.  Mid-day I had a mini-meeting with 2 very good friends who are also WW members and who read this blog and knew what was going on (hormones and pea salad combined).  They each pointed out that it is very important to not starve myself during the day and then pig out at night.  Of course, this is something I have addressed in an earlier blog - my learning to recognize hunger and how it feels versus just eating  because I'm supposed to, or because everyone else is (see yesterday for how well that one's going).  But I do agree that it is important to give the body fuel with which to burn off all the excess "fuel" I have, and that means eating something throughout the day so that my body won't go into conserve mode and try to "save" me from starving.

They had some good ideas about having snacks with me at work to supplement - including almonds and veggies to crunch on and cottage cheese and cherry tomatos.  So I went shopping after work and got some of those very things - almonds and cottage cheese, cherry tomatos, spinach for salad, hummus for dips and feta cheese because it had the lower calorie count.  I also bought some little 1 cup containers so that I can make my own pre-set servings.  And I found a fantastic new meal from Morning Star.  All you vegetarians out there - WinCo foods has Morning Star meals:  Chik'N Enchiladas with some rice and beans (only 5 points!) and Sesame Chik'n (6 points)

So, not doing good on drinking enough water this week.  I think it's because I feel like a giant blueberry or whatever full-of-water berry you want to pick.  And I feel full all the time.  I look forward to getting out of this hormone roller coaster.  SOON.

Today was not as bad as one would think and tomorrow will be better. 

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

2 comments:

  1. Wow -- she actually listened about the snacks. . . . Thank you once again for doing this wonderful blog. Makes me realize that I know it but have to put it back into practice too!

    ReplyDelete