Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 4 Day 2 - Hunting Rabbits

I'm all about low point foods.  And I think that there are lots of them out there, I just have to hunt them.  Today a friend of mine brought me a fantastic (yes I want the recipe) muffin.  It was soft and chewy and filling and only 1 point.  Fantastic.  Tasted almost like a big cookie.

And I discovered that Progresso makes some soups that yes, they advertise as 0 point soups, but for the whole can it's 1.5 points.  Regardless, they are under 2 points. 

I find myself hunting low point foods.  I made a big salad yesterday with spinach leaves, cherry tomatos, feta and mushrooms - the only thing that had points was the feta and the vinaigrette.   It was awesome and 2.5 points.

The stir-fry vegetables I make are usually around 2 points if I eat the entire bag (which is a LOT.  Egg whites are 1 point for 1 serving.  I can make a big omelette with spinach and feta and mushrooms for 3 points.   It's all about finding the rabbit foods and making the most of them.  The Sara Lee bread and the sandwich thins are a find.  You can really make some great sandwiches with them.

Today I did well with my points - still have 3.5 left in the new number.  I packed snacks again and that helped.  Breakfast was the yummy muffin and 2 yogurts.  Then I had 1/3 cup of low fat cottage cheese, some baby carrots, did you know a whole cup of cherry tomatos is 0 points?  Yeah, so then I had 5 small sweet peppers (I found that I can buy a bag of them for very cheap at my local grocery store) and this time counted out the almonds.  (On Friday I had poured 1 cup out and thank goodness did not eat them all - 20 points in a cup!!)  I am not even finding myself craving chocolate (yes, I'm still in hormone hell this week) because of my sugar free chocolate pudding cups.  Then came home and had 2 veggie griller sandwiches with swiss cheese and spinach.  Rooted around in the cupboard and found the Progresso Soup and was very excited to see the points values. 

My friend that made the yummy muffin also brought me a treasure trove of back issues of Weight Watchers Magazine that I started reading at lunch and will use for blog ideas later.

Today went better, I will keep hunting those low point foods tho.  Seems entirely worth it and after that soup I know it will be.

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

2 comments:

  1. Got the recipe copied and will be on your desk in the morning. Please know that your blog isn't just benefiting you. . . . . .you are now becoming my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thank you. It helps to know I have to come home and be accountable online. I have .5 points left, I had pudding for desert and I'm not feeling like I had too much. One at a time.

    ReplyDelete