Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 1 of Week 2

Getting easier, in fact if this whole diet/losing weight thing is this easy.... hahahahaha. Ok, moment of delusion there.  But to be honest, today wasn't that bad.  Got up and decided to step on the scale just to see and this is why I don't trust this scale:  it said I'd lost 5 more pounds since yesterday??  I know that water is heavy but still - I did NOT pee that much yesterday.  So, they say you need a good, reliable scale and that you should only weigh yourself once a week.  I'm guessing this is why. 

Anyway, I started the week off in a good mood and paid very close attention to when I'm actually hungry vs not.  Turns out that I didn't need to eat as much as I usually do so I get to use up more points tonight.  I think that I will probably have to balance the 3 meals out in a day at some point but for now this seems to be working.

Made 10 minutes for a walk today.  Not as long of a walk and not as fast as I was doing a few years ago, but it was walking.  A step. 

This week I'm working on making sure I'm drinking enough.  I like the Crystal Lite on the go packets, they help me get in more water AND taste good.

Thinking it's going to be more stir-fry and veggie chicken for dinner tonight.  I have noticed that I am staying away from rice and any bread that isn't Whole Wheat.  I'm sure it's better for me and after seeing that 1 measly package of string cheese (low moisture, part skimmed milk) is 2 points I'm not taking my chances elsewhere!

Not much else in my head today but I'm happy to be on week 2 already and maybe I can make that delusion a reality.  Hee hee.

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

3 comments:

  1. I heard someone once describe their thinking about food; they said they when given a choice they ask whether a particular food is "points worthy" (as in Elaine's "sponge worthy).

    Sometimes cheese or bread is definitely points worthy. You're hungry and need protein quickly, you have a serious grilled cheese craving, etc.

    And other times, it doesn't seem to be a struggle at all to eat yogurt, crackers, and Diet Coke for 3 days straight. Not healthy, but not terrible either. Of course, I found this particularly true after a weekend at my mums. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I feel so much better hearing that....I begin to think maybe I should be making myself eat meals when I know I'm not really hungry. Because what exactly does hungry feel like after all??? Yogurt, crackers and a diet coke sounds good!

    ReplyDelete