Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 2 - Cayenne

It's easier to "be good" while at work.  I keep busy so I'm not constantly thinking of what I want to eat.  Today is my short day at work so I am home and spent some time cleaning the fridge out.  First of all it needed it.  Second of all I wanted to see how much crap is in there, and get rid of it.

One of the hardest things for me is when I get hungry and want to eat NOW.  One of the diets I tried, starting a year ago now, was Medifast.  This works well, it's just that I wanted some things to crunch on.  Anyway, so now I have this cupboard full of boxes of little pouches that all you have to do is add water to.  I've been using them for the last week or so and now with Weight Watchers I'm combining both.  The packets work for me at work - I add water and *presto* chicken noodle soup.  Or chocolate pudding.  Or a shake. 

I decided to take notes at work to track my eating and how I feel, so here are today's notes:

9:25am - Vanilla Shake. 100 calories.  Gritty.  Trying to convince myself this tastes good.  Not really hungry anyway so that's good.  (But if you put a McDonald's egg mcmuffin in front of me I'd inhale it.)

11am - headache.  Just a small one.  Not really hungry.  Stomach still feels really full.  Maybe bloated is the better word.  Neat.

11:45am - Chicken and Wild Rice soup. 100 calories.  Ok NOW I'm hungry.  Go to the kitchen and there's a guy cooking Thai food.  Home-made peanut sauce with noodles and vegetables.  Y U M.  Must concentrate on mixing my 100 calorie chicken soup powder in water and 100 calorie vanilla pudding (for later).  Talked to him about Thai food and then Lebanese food and got even hungrier.  I LOVE food!

A pause to note here about Cayenne pepper.  Add it to any soup or food and it not only heats it up but it adds something that makes me feel like I'm eating more than I am.  Hmm.  Wonder if there's a study about hot vs cold foods and how they make you feel when they eat them.  Note to self:  google it.

12:30pm - Crystal Lite Sugar free Lemonade (single packet) 10 calories.  Zero points!!!  And it's sugary and lemon.  This makes me happy.  It occurs to me that I've not had any caffeine today.  Wonder if that caused the headache earlier.

1:13pm - Vanilla Pudding 90 calories. Added too much water so it's more like a thick shake.  Not bad tho.  Not chocolate but not bad.

2:13pm - 1 green apple jolly rancher.  Looked it up later and found out it's only 1 point if I have 3 of them and I only had one.  The sour taste keeps me awake at this time of day.

4pm - home from work and hungry so I made myself 2 open face veggieburger (oh, I'm a vegetarian, I eat chicken every once in a while but not often) sandwiches.  Not really sandwiches.  Bread (whole wheat), little bit of mayo and a portabello veggieburger.  They were good.  Filled me up and not too many points.  5 baby carrots - love the snappy and juicy carrot crunch.  And then, my piece de resistance - a fudgesicle.  100 calories of fabulousness.  I have 22.5 points left for today.  That's a LOT!  Guess I'm gonna have to find some veggies and tofu or something for later. 

I found a beginner yoga program on weight watchers and I'm going to try it tomorrow.  I'll do my leg raises and arm curls tonight while watching tv but tomorrow morning I am going to try for 15 minutes of the yoga happiness.  (Last time I tried yoga I was getting up at 6:30am and pretty much just laid there and stared at the screen and sent hateful thoughts to the tiny little woman oozing peace at me.)

So, day 2 down.  I'm not feeling hungry or cranky.  And I still have 22 points left to go.

One day. One pound. One step at a time.
 ~N

No comments:

Post a Comment