Saturday, August 21, 2010

Week 3 Day 6 - Boredom

So, this weekend's lesson is boredom.  I am recouperating still (no change there) and I have the house to myself this weekend.  All kinds of opportunites present themselves.  Until a couple of hours ago I hadn't spoken with anyone since leaving work yesterday around 5pm and the peace and quiet was very good for the soul.  (Then got to talk to my younger brother for a couple of hours and vent and laugh and problem-solve.  Great phone call.)

One of the things that I did discover is that while I enjoy the quiet and time to myself I do find that I get bored very, very easily when I'm alone.  And this results in eating...I know I could exercise but see below (still trying to make that a habit).  So, today I got bored...

This morning I woke up earlier than I usually do on a weekend (because I went to bed earlier than I usually do) and so I started to eat earlier in the day.  This resulted in good choices but combine the time and my boredom and I've whittled away my daily points so that I am going to need to be creative for dinner because I've only got 7 points left.  But check out what I had today - it was good!!

Breakfast - eggwhite, spinach and feta omelette.  egg whites are one of the things you can have a lot of and not many points.  Very, very good.  Fresh spinach is the key for me (cannot handle canned or frozen - ick). Also had a couple of pieces of the Sara Lee toast (1 point) and some cottage cheese (still craving the cheese) Decided to have tea for my caffeine and enjoyed a couple of cups of Lady Grey with some equal (0 cal). Also had a yogurt.  This was a lot more than I usually have in the day before noon, but it was good.

I did make a concerted effort to drink more liquids today and I found that I have this zero calorie peach tea stuff that's really tasty.  (and 0 points)  For lunch I had Fri Chik (if you aren't vegetarian you probably dont' know what this stuff is but it's yummy) hummus and baby carrots and some more cottage cheese and a couple of string cheese sticks.

Still feeling sore and haven't been up for doing any exercise.  Well, let's be honest, I could do exercise but I don't want to.  I feel like crap and have all week and after popping Pamprins like tic tacs I just would rather sit on my ass and watch Netflix.  There.  Honesty.  *sigh*  I still havent' gotten myself into any semblance of consistent exercise.  No excuse.  Just don't want to.

So, tonight's goal is to do 10 minutes on the Wii.  That seems like a tall order and maybe I should do it before eating because last time I did exercise I was less inclined to want to eat afterwards.  Tomorrow is weigh-in day.  I'll let you in on a little secret.  I stepped on the scale today....I did lose more.  :)   Will tell you tomorrow when it's official. 

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment