Friday, August 13, 2010

Week 2 Day 5 - Friday, time to party

I've mentioned that Fridays are hellish at my work yes?  Ok, so they are.  Always.  This week was no exception and since I've been re-acquainting myself with hunger I was able to identify the stomach rumblings of irritation or stress (and find that drinking water or my beloved Sobe Lifewater helps).  Side note and mini ad:  Safeway has SobeLifewater on sale 10 for 10$. 

So today I had to run to the bank at lunch and instead of going to Starbucks for a coffee and an egg salad sandwich (that is one of my favorite lunches) I remembered that there's a Subway in the same complex as my bank.  I know I have talked about my love of the sandwich but it cannot be overstated.  I LOVE sandwiches.  And the Veggie delight at Subway is 4 points.  Well worth it to add on the pepperjack cheese and a diet coke and I felt satisfied and ready to face the rest of the crazy busy afternoon.

I don't trust our scale at home so I borrowed one for the weekend weigh-in on Sunday.  I'm thinking that last week's number is not going to be equalled this week and I'm going to be ok with whatever the number is.  I do know that I did things differently this week and that is yet another step in the right direction.  I bought the Wii from my friend, I know that is going to be another step - easy access to exercise that does not feel like a chore. 

So, today's meal was the Subway and diet coke and I'm not sure what's for dinner.  I was exploring the ww website and found that a gin and tonic is 3 points.....I'm thinking I may check on the points in a nice cold rum and coke.  By the way, I checked and 1 measley piece of cheese pizza (or add mushrooms to is) is 4 points.  I cannot just eat 1 piece.  THAT is not on my menu.  But I'm guessing some Wii games are.  :)

One day. One pound. One step at a time.
~N

5 comments:

  1. Yum, Subway! I love sandwiches, too.

    And hey, have that second piece of pizza and then just use those extra "activity points" you are going to earn tonight with your Wii!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make a very good point about the pizza. Last night I was craving proteins something fierce so I had cottage cheese, gardenburger (roasted tomato/basil, just by itself) and a CAN of Fry Chick. Yes, a can. I played the Wii and found myself ravenous at 10:30. So I looked up the points values (6 by the way, the same as in a Spinach Feta Wrap from Starbucks) and still didn't meet my total #s. Didn't drink either, allergies kicking my butt so water water water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. to clarify, I just looked again, the can of Fry Chick was 10 points, not 6. But I still ended the day with 8 points left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good girl!! I really need to get serious about staying in my points. I have been VERY good about writing EVERYTHING I put in my mouth down (I have a journal I am keeping on that), even if it is just a bite. And I am counting my points, and this weekend I made good progress of staying in, I think?! So you are amazing that you are always under or just at. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD for you!! It takes a little bit till it's a habit and can be seriously depressing but when I know my option is to go over my # (was 35 and by the way it goes down as you lose weight....so I'm now at 34) or eat something...I drink a Crystal Lite or eat a 1 point thing.

    ReplyDelete