Thursday, October 28, 2010

Week 13, Day 5 - Fall Classic

So, I am sitting on the couch at one of my bestest friend's.  Watching and yelling at baseball.  I love sports.  I mentioned a while ago that I used to play sports.  In high school I played basketball, football and sometimes ran around the track.  I worked at the gym and every afternoon I would play basketball with my best friend.  He won every time but it was fun.  And it was exercise.  I was busy.  And active.  I still love sports.  But now I sit on my butt and watch them.

In college I went to a small school and we had a hockey team.  They played in a tiny rink and we went and yelled and cheered for them.  It was so much fun.  The players would slam each other against the plexiglass and we would listen to the requisite thumping music and cheer every time they rammed the opponent into the wall.

Of course the whole sports thing got quite a bit of energy out.  Still does.  It was great to freak the dogs out when the players hit a home run.  Now I need to just get off my butt and start exercising.  I have some free time tomorrow so that may well be the key - get outside in the wind and rain and go walk in the leaves.  (yet another favorite past time)

Yesterday I was good, and then last night I went over the limit with one of the most fantastic burritos I've made in a long time.  What can I say?  I CRAVED it.  And I ate it.  So today I only ate when I was hungry and yeah, it's 9pm and I still have 17 points for the day.  I had yogurt and popcorn.  Yep.  That's all.  Of course I had 4 of the light and fit yogurts.....but yeah.  I'm going to have a burrito on the way home and I have enough points left to not only eat it but enjoy it guilt free!!!

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment