Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 10 day 2 - Rainy days and Mondays

So, I love the rain.  And today it didn't exactly rain here but that was ok because I didn't have to use my umbrella when I went on my walk.  Just misted.  And that was perfect.  Back is still sore, I made an appointment to see a chiropractor on Wednesday (short day) so trust that will help.  As you point out - very lucky that the person that hit us had insurance.  My roommate has insurance and so I will have to use his PIP (personal injury protection for those of you that aren't in insurance)  but the other insurance will pay out.  It'll all be ok.

The day wasn't bad.  Mondays usually are full of some sort of poop-scoop project from the weekend.  But today wasn't nearly as bad as they can be.  And when it came to eating and staying in my points I was right on the money.  I have been fighting this cold/flu/sinus infection for what feels like FOREVER now.  I think it's 4 weeks now.  That drains me.  Put together with sitting for a long time and my back was not happy.  So I went on a walk, did the mile loop that I used to do.  Didn't do it super fast, kinda babying my back, but still did it and got an exercise point out of it. 

The food points were easier too because when I don't feel good (and when it's this time of year especially) I like to eat soup.  So by the time I got home from work I still had over 17  points left for the day.  And I put them to very good use.  Shopping on the weekend (post-accident) included picking up another container of fresh veggies for stir fry.  I had been buying the frozen bags and those are fine but the fresh stuff is so much better.  And since my roommate's fighting a bug and losing weight too, AND a good cook he put that together with a block of tofu, some teriyaki sauce and some of the asparagus that we had for dinner yesterday and MAN was that good.  Spicy and tasty and filling.  And my evening dessert was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Sara Lee 45 cal bread, less than 2 Tbsp (which is 5 points by the way!) of peanut butter and my personal favorite - Smuckers Sugar Free Apricot Preserves.  .5 points if you have 2 Tbsp.  0 if you have 1.   :) 

So I'm going to bed a wee bit earlier, working on reading through Sherlock Holmes and hopefully I will be able to breathe (sniff sniff) so I can get a good night's rest.  And thus get up and attack that hill in the morning.  No promises.  But I'd kinda like to.  So that's a good thing.   Yes, yes, yes before you start hounding me with comments (and showing up in my office) I WILL go see the doctor if this illness doesn't go away in a couple more weeks.  At this point I'm trying some serious sleep and over the counter stuff.

Nighty nite.

One Day.  One Pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment