Thursday, October 14, 2010

Week 11 - As the whorles are turned

So, the fingerprint person came to my work and I got to look closely at what each of my individual fingerprints look like.  She showed me what's called the delta - pretty much looks like a tiny top of a mountain or the top of a triangle.  And we all have them somewhere on our fingertips.  Then where all the creases come together in the middle can be one big circle, or more like one of the cause ribbons (you know the pink ribbons you see everywhere for breast cancer awareness or red ribbons for AIDS awareness?  yeah take that shape and some of your fingers may have something similar.)  I sent the prints off for my official background check with the FBI (had it twice before but not in the state I currently work in).  Step 1 down. 

I discovered today that antibiotics can mess with hormone pills and I've got a dilly of a headache.  But it's a 50/50 trade cause I have been able to breathe through my nose for at least 3 hours now....the test will be when I go to bed.

So, I put my portion control back into play again today.  If you shop with portions in mind it's actually not hard to set yourself up for success in this area.  I packed my lunch and didn't even eat it all.  I bought a box of the 100 calorie Snack Right snacks - basically individually bagged up little cookies.  That way people like me who would really rather just open a big box and pour them into our mouths have to actually OPEN the individual bags (2 points per bag).  Bought more of the sugar free Jello pudding cups (I really love the Dulce du Leche ones....just sayin' they are only 1 point) and had some cherry tomatos and low fat cottage cheese.  If I portion it out ahead of time I know how many points I'm going to eat.  Plus I made an effort to drink more today, I love diet Peach Snapple and I found some on sale the last time I shopped so I took a bottle of that and had a vanilla coke zero as well.  The big meal was when I got home - more harvest stew.  YUM.  I load mine up with garlic and cayenne (remembering to shake from the bottle not pour like I accidentally did last time....) and that helps me feel better too.

It was a better day today.  I accomplished things I needed to do.  Thank you Janice for stopping by and reminding me to smile.  Smiling can make you feel better too.  But now I need to go to bed....remember yesterday's information about sleep......yeah.  G'night kiddos.

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time. 
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment