Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Week 12 Day 3 - Pain relief in a quiche?

This post is for you Janice.  It's for me also, but seriously I'm in pain and I would rather be in bed going to sleep but I need to talk about today.

So yet another potluck at work.  Ok, so it wasn't a potluck.  It was a breakfast celebration for the team.  And it was really good.  Broccoli quiche is what did it.  I had a couple of pieces of fruit, half an english muffin with some home-made sugar free raspberry jam and one and a half pieces of quiche.  That all would have been enough.  (And I also had orange juice) But all throughout the day I caught myself walking by the table with the (cold) broccoli cheddar quiche.  And about 4pm my back was hurting and I gave in.  By the time I got home tonight I had zero points left.  The only good news is that I had a smart ones dinner and a salad for dinner and still have weekly points left.

But I can identify, EASILY why I ate today.  Pain.  I realized it and by the time I got home I was telling myself that it's obviously not going to work.  Pain is not fixed by food.  Never has been.  And if I was wearing a black shirt on the biggest loser Jillian would be kicking my (sore) butt.

So, I'm going to bed early.  I'm drinking a big glass of water.  And tomorrow is another day.  Tomorrow I get to go to the chiropractor and that will help the pain.  And I choose right now to make conscious choices to NOT eat to fix pain.  That is an old habit.  And I'm killing it right now.

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment