Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Week 13, Day 3 - slippers rock

So, it's cold here now.  I love this time of year.  The leaves are turning colors.  It's windy.  Rain rushes in and out of the sky every 10 or 15 minutes.  And I get to wear sweaters!!!  This fall I get to dip into the sweaters that were too snug to wear last year.  :) 

Today was another good points day.  I am seriously a life-long fan of the Smart Ones brand now.  Thank you Mel for pointing them out to me!!  Had a breakfast sandwich and a yogurt.  Then at lunch I had a Campbell's Select soup with Cheezits.  Forgot to bring any tomatoes with me and oh man I discovered that some garden fresh tomatoes are NOT as great as others.  Someone had brought a bag of tomatoes in and I picked one out to have with a piece of home-made wheat bread......yeah.  I'm not going to say it was a rotten tomato.  But I am going to tell you it took quite a while to get the taste out.  Suffice it to say, the bug I almost ate a couple of months ago now has a close runner-up for nasty taste award.  Then I made myself a stir fry with Fry-Chick (Worthington) for dinner and had one of my Jello Dulce du leches for dessert.  Met my points exactly. 

So I spent most of the evening reading and writing emails and enjoyed being in my robe and slippers.  If this is what it's going to be like to get old bring it on.  I'll dye my hair purple and wear the robe all the time.  :)

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment