Monday, October 18, 2010

Week 12 - Day 2 - My x-ray says I'm unbalanced!

So, yesterday was weigh in day.  And I am very happy to report that I did not gain anything back this week.  Unfortunately I did not lose either.  BUT I kinda expected that.  I have been so tired and trying to get over this sickness as well as get to chiropractic appointments 3 times a week and get everything else done?  Well let's just say that I don't have kids for a lot of reasons but 1 of them is that I am not good at managing my time and not spreading myself too thin, resulting in a crappy job for everything or some things getting completely ignored.

I am back to logging my food entries on the weight watchers website.  I really believe (and there is plenty of evidence backing this up) that tracking and recording your food intake is key to success.  I'm doing good with the portion control thing also but it helps that my roommate is being supportive.  He is the cook, I think I've mentioned that.  And he asks me "how many points is this?" when he makes something.  Tonight he made Pho.  Pho is a Vietnamese noodle soup.  Take a cube of boullion add chopped green onions, white mushrooms (I like baby bellas) and a stalk of lemon grass, cook to a boil and then add a block (7 oz) firm or extra firm tofu, cubed (can substitute chicken breast) and fresh cilantro.  Pour into a bowl and add fresh leaf basil and a squeeze of lime.  Add to taste Sriracha (hot pepper sauce) and salt to taste, or garlic.  Totally great tasting and filling and a big bowl was only 5 points.

I am not exercising enough yet.  Got my x-rays back and there are quite a few interesting things.  I'm telling you it's a trip to see your own spinal column on film.  My middle back actually curves over so my muscles are compensating and that causes a problem.  I have a compression fracture in the middle of my back (kinda explains the burning pain that I figured was just due to work) and several bone spurs on my lower spine and degenerative disc disease.  Going to the chiropractor has taught me a lot about what I need to do to help prevent major surgery in the future, and losing weight is part of that.  OH and get this!  Remember Wii telling me I'm "unbalanced"???  Turns out my right leg is shorter than my left leg and I over compensate and that explains why it said I don't stand more evenly balanced.  Fascinating.

So, yeah, I'm still on antibiotics.  Did well today on the points - still have 4 left actually and they're staying there.  Going to bed early.  Sleep is part of the plan.

And by the way - new favorite drink (hrrm, need to figure out the points on this one)  equal parts Baileys, cinnamon schnapps and butterscotch schnapps.  It's called an oatmeal cookie and MAN it's easy to drink!

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

1 comment:

  1. WOW, I just noticed that I posted the recipe for Pho twice on here...in less than a week. *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete