Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Attitude Adjustment

Ok, so this time we complained to the gym owners about the camping chatty twerps.  SERIOUSLY.  Grrr.  I woke up in a great mood today, smiling and happy.  Then I got in my car and had to deal with stupidity all around me (seriously, it rains here people - LEARN TO DRIVE IN IT)  and the slice at work was getting yelled at REPEATEDLY by a family member of a patient.  While I understand the frustration of the family member who was trying to advocate for their loved one from another state.....we were not wrong.  She was.  *sigh* 

So by the time I got off work and got home I was good and pissy.  And there were my gym clothes.  Did I WANT to go back and do the circuit with those *$&#*(g steps?  NO.  Did I DO the circuit (around stupid chatty twerps)?  YES.  And while the inconsiderate people (who were around the age of 17) were very obnoxious I felt an adjustment to my pissy attitude and was very pleased with myself.

And then came home and had yummy stir fry veggies (asparagus, onions, mushrooms, green cabbage + tofu) and a griller (needed protein).  Oh, and called the gym when we got home to complain about the people that 1. were just sitting and talking on the machines that we needed to use and 2. about the people that were doing this same thing YESTERDAY and ignoring that it was part of a circuit. 

This is do-able.  This change in diet is getting easier.  I haven't had dairy in a while now, I have found some "fake cheese" that I can tolerate (it's in a green package, you get it at Safeway next to the produce by the tofu) and the Medifast really works! 

Now to look forward to a new number when I weigh myself on Friday.  We just got a reservation at a little hotel on some islands north of us for the weekend and are going to go explore national campgrounds and walk.  Hooray for holiday weekends!

One day.  One step.  One pound at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment