Saturday, June 2, 2012

24

Stepped on the scale today, hesitantly because I went out to lunch or dinner this week 3 times - functions at work and a birthday dinner for a close friend.  And I ate things I don't usually eat - noodles at a Mongolian Grill and tortillas at a Chevy's and some sort of bread from a bistro at work.  And I only got to the gym once this week.  But.....

The numbers moved again.  And NOT back up.  :)  I'm down 24 pounds now from when I started this again in mid-March.

I was able to be more careful and made good choices at the meals.  The Grill was easy because you basically just pick stuff to be grilled on a super hot grill and eat it.  So, I piled up the veggies -mushrooms, tomato,  broccoli, cabbage, carrots, onions, cilantro, tofu and then put noodles and a bunch of spicy stuff on top.  Ginger, garlic, some curry powder and some hot sauce stuff they called Kung Pao.  Too many noodles but the rest were fresh and really good. 

Chevy's was harder - I LOVE chips and salsa and so I ate some.  And really wanted a cheese enchilada with rice and beans and guac.  But instead I got a veggie fajita - grilled onions and peppers, grilled mushrooms and black beans.  No cheese but I did put little daubs of guacamole on and stuffed them into the small tortillas.  Diet soda with lemon and it was very good.  Not too much.  Just right.

The lunch at work was pretty easy because I did the ordering so I got a salad with beets (which normally I LOATHE) and orange slices, almond slivers, goat cheese (yes, I allowed myself this) and a ton of spinach leaves.

So, even after only working out once this week (next week will be better, I've been fighting allergies this week and exhausted) and being off my Medifast strict program I still managed another 2 pounds and that is the right direction!!

It's about making it something I can sustain.  And this feels like it fits that description.

One day.  One step.  One pound at a time.
~N

1 comment: