Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Twenty Seven

First thing this morning I stepped on the scale.  Just curious to see what my up-tick in work-outs has done for the numbers.  Because I gotta say - starting on Saturday I upped my game at the gym.  I started working out for at least 40 min.  Just 10 min extra (the first day I even got 45 including the cool-down) and it makes a HUGE difference in all kinds of things.  I can FEEL it.  At 30 min I feel like I want to lay down and sleep.  And at 35 min I hit another wind and keep going.  I WORK OUT.  Treadmill, not the circuit.  I have a playlist and tonight I honed it down. 

And this morning the numbers said minus 27.    :) 

Headed back to where I was 2 years ago.  And it's going faster because 1. I'm sticking to the Medifast plan (little meals every 2 hours) and 2. I'm actually moving.  That's what I didn't do last time.  And boy does it work.

I realized that while I am not going to be jogging anytime soon I walk to the beat of whatever song I'm listening to and so I programmed my playlist to have songs in progressively faster beats.  And I walk.  Boy let me tell you when I get to the 40 minute mark and AC/DC's Thunderstruck comes on I turn it up and I walk.  That's a fracking fast song!  One step per beat. 

So, I'm thinking I'm going to be able to hit minus 30 easily by the end of the month and maybe more.   

Yes I so frackin' can.  :)

Ok, here's the play list.  It's called "Nic's Move It Move It Mix"...
              Shake It Out - Florence + The Machine   (I love the line "and it's hard to dance with the devil on your back so shake him off!")
              Some Nights - Fun.  - the lead singer of this group totally sounds like Freddy Mercury to me.
              We Are Young - Fun.  - yeah it's an addictive song and the beat is fun to walk to.
              Howlin' for You - The Black Keys - reminds me of hockey and another good beat
              Raise Your Glass - P!nk makes me want to box or something, maybe dance.  :)
              So What - more P!nk, she's got a 'tude.
              We Found Love - Rhianna - the beat is faster than you'd think and one step per beat gets going!
              Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons - I moved this one up in today's re-shuffle because of the beat.
              My Body - Young The Giant - there's a part in this song that says "My body tells me no.  But I won't quit cause I want more" ....at this point in the work out I totally relate to this song.
              Wild Ones - Flo Rida - ok so this song also has a great beat to walk to.  I have to say that I really wish the singer didn't say "running with woofs" but it's still good to walk to.
             Till the Wold Ends - Britney Spears - yes, really
             Thunderstruck - AC/DC - because I can't NOT move when I hear this.
             Immigrant Song - Karen O with Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross
             Feel Good Inc - Gorillaz - winding down a little but the beat is still fast
             SexyBack - Justin Timberlake.  *sigh*   Let's take a moment to enjoy Mr Timberlake shall we?
             Hi de Ho - K7 - for some reason thing song is fun to cool down to.  The last 5 min of the work out are always "cool down" mode and you walk progressively slower and slower.


So, that's it.  That's my mix.  I highly recommend having one.  It's much more fun to walk (or run or whatever) to a beat.  :)

Did I mention 27?

One day.  One step.  One pound at a time.
~N



No comments:

Post a Comment