Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Habit Forming

Ok, so today was day #3 going to the gym and the first time hubby went with me.  I am such a competitive person!!!  He is in much better shape than I am and when we set up our treadmills beside each other I kept looking at how fast he was going and when he started running I thought "he makes it look so easy".  DAMMIT!!  But I must remember, this is a new habit.  I'm not going to just start running.  I hate running.  I love how easy it looks when someone else does it but I have never liked it.  I tried running when I was in high school and I LOATHED it.  And that was when I was in shape!  So today I just kept re-directing myself, turning my iPod music UP (thank you Black Eyed Peas) and focused on keeping my heart rate around the same.   I did 30 minutes and then a 5 minute cool down. 

Got super busy at work today and the result was that instead of eating at 5 when I should have, I came home and went to the gym and then ate.  So I technically have 2 more meals to eat.  I'm thinking chocolate shake and chocolate pudding.  :)  Yes, those count as meals.  Muahahahaha.

So, my goal was to go once a week for a month.  So far I've done 2 days this week and 1 last week.  They say it takes 2 weeks to create a new habit.  Well, ok then.  2 weeks of treadmill action it shall be.  Then I'm moving on to the nautlius machines.  I just have to remind myself that I'm competing against myself.  No one else.  And try to picture Jillian Michaels somewhere nearby saying "DON'T STOP! KEEP GOING!".

Yup, this is going to work.  :)

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment