Thursday, May 10, 2012

motivation

So, normally I am very careful with how pictures are taken of me.  Because I'm tall (nearly 6') any picture taken as people usually do will go UP my nose and (in my opinion) shows off my double chin.....which of course I LOATHE.  I always have pictures taken from above, an angle that is more flattering.  BUT not necessarily how 90-99% of others around me see me.

Today one of my dearest friends put some pics up on facebook.  She had a baby boy (who is adorable) just about 7 weeks ago now and I got to meet him last weekend for the first time.  It was great.  Lots of friends from college, and my friend who I've actually known since we were single-digit ages.  Lots of fun.  But as I looked at the pics tonight all I could see was the double chin.   ARRRRGH.  

And then I realized - these are my before pics.  :)  When I reach my goal (and oh yes I will, I'm waiting for hubby to come home and we're going to the gym tonight) I am going to have a picture taken with little mister and compare it. 

It's important to do reality checks, even if you don't like what you see.  Stepping on a scale was one thing.  Seeing pictures and not liking what I see is another.  So I'm working on that.  It's a combination of ego and, well, ego really.  It's motivation.  The pictures are fine.  They show me being happy to be with my friends.  And someday I will take new ones that look better. 

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

2 comments:

  1. I want you to know I thought long and hard before I posted those because I knew you would hate them....but I couldn't stand not posting that you were there, holding my boy, and I was very careful about which ones I posted. :) And you're always beautiful to me. Just remember you are harder on yourself than anyone else. (But on the other hand, I can totally relate...I always feel the same way about pictures.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you did and I love that I got to hold your boy. And the thing I get to see when we take more pictures will be the difference in both of us. I am TOTALLY going to demand a picture with him when he's 2. Just to see the difference. :) And I love the pictures, like I said - they are me. That's what K said "it's you" and I said "yeah, but it's now how I see me".....interesting eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete