Monday, May 21, 2012

It Gets Easier

So, hubby went with tonight and we both did the 30 minute circuit.  Let me bitch here and now and say that if you are one of those kinds of people that camps on a machine and just yakks on your cell phone or with your equally annoying friend?  Ok, I know you aren't because we would not be friends if you were but there were 2 VERY obnoxious guys there tonight.  I think they finally got the daggers I was shooting them and they went to socialize somewhere ELSE.  grrrr

So yeah, medifast every 2 or so hours.  Lots of water (probably could've used more today) and then a couple of grillers and a great big old salad (YUM) for dinner.  It is working.  I can feel it in my clothes.  And remember the picture I posted a few days back - give it 12 weeks it says.  Well, this is week #3 with the gym.  This is the part I didn't do last time.  And THIS is the key ingredient to success.  (that and not giving up)

Those steps are getting easier.  Don't get me wrong.  I am not running and jumping over them.  I don't know that my knees would ever work again if I did, but I am still doing them.  I count and switch which leg I start the step up with so I think I do about 30 or 40 steps per howeverlongthegreenlightis.  Interestingly, it might have been yesterday but at some point in my steps I started to think about walking up stair cases.  Because that's basically this exercise.  And I thought of stair wells.  And that always makes me think of the EMTs and firefighters on 9/11.  And I thought of them walking in all their gear, up nearly 100 flights of stairs.  And I refuse to bitch about my knees.  I will keep going.  Those people had a choice and they kept going up.  I will too.

One step.  One day.  One pound at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment