Monday, May 7, 2012

Temptation EVERYWHERE

Ok, first things first - I had a small piece of chocolate cake today.  That's my confession.  I almost made it the entire day with just eating my Medifast every 2 or 3 hours, but at the end of the day I said F-it and had a small piece.  And enjoyed every bite. 

Then I came home, changed into my work out clothes, got my iPod and went to the gym.  It was pretty full tonight, making me anxious - I'm not a fan of big groups - but I was not about to let that stop me.  Then I walked in the door and was met with the smell of PIZZA.  In my GYM.  WHAT.  THE. HELL???  Seriously??  Apparently the first Monday night of the month is Pizza night at my gym.  Short of saying it's to keep people coming because they eat too much, I have no idea why they do this.  Anyway, I did 35 min on the treadmill at 3.2 mph.  Broke a consistent sweat and kept my heart rate up where it needs to be.

And then I walked right past that pizza (topped with lots of cheese.....) and came home.  Drank a big bottle of water and heated up some grillers for dinner.  I haven't had enough protein tonight I don't think so will need more than the grillers and sugar snap peas and sweet peppers I ate.  But it's a step.

Who gives away pizza at a GYM?!!!  Wow.  I guess if I keep associating it with stinky, sweaty feet it will get much easier to not eat cheese ever again.

Working on no dairy this week to see if that helps. 

So, despite the chocolate cake (did I mention it was good??  It was also very sugary and I've evidently changed my ability to intake sugar because it was almost too sweet for me.  Actually it was too sweet but I ate it anyway.)

Doing it.

One step.  One day.  One pound at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment