Tuesday, May 15, 2012

ow ow ow ow ow

So, we didn't go to the gym.  Neither of us wanted to face the circuit today.  Instead we did the P90X stretching video.  Now, you KNOW your ass is sore when P90X is considered the lesser of 2 evils.  This particular one was good, they are all good but normally I can't do the workout.  This focuses on stretching all the muscles that were sore....namely all of them.  So we did that for 30 minutes, and then we went on a mile walk.  And  I am still sore.  Still moving.  And still not giving up. 

At one point in the walk, with my quadriceps (the muscles that hide on the outsides of your thighs) burning hubby turned to me and said "does it feel good?".  I could've lied.  But no.  I said "no, but I'm gonna keep on doing it." 

Read a great article tonight that I will link here actually.  It's all about heart disease and how our diet has caused the high rates of heart disease in the U.S.  And it's not (or probably not) the stuff you think they're going to focus on.  I'll let you read it but it's written by a cardiac surgeon who says the common theme that he has seen through patients is inflammation in the arteries.  Inflammation caused by the processed foods and unhealthy balances of fats and sugars.  Here, read it for yourself:   (it made me very happy that we eat what we do in my house, there are no processed foods in any corner of this house, none)  http://www.sott.net/articles/show/242516-Heart-Surgeon-Speaks-Out-On-What-Really-Causes-Heart-Disease

Tomorrow we head back to the circuit.  Stretching is an important key to not injuring muscles.  I tend to forget this.  I think today's focus on stretching was a good break and will happen more.  (it still left us breathless so it was for sure a work out, it is after all P90X)

One step.  One day.  One pound at a time.
~N


No comments:

Post a Comment