Saturday, February 5, 2011

Paradigm Shift 2.0

ok campers are you ready for the post about how my life changed?  And I'm not talking a shift of say 15 degrees or so, we're talking significant - 90 degree turn here.  And it's not just that I'm 40 now, as of a week now. No, it's bigger than anything so far - as much as I will ever be or ever want to be I am....married.

Yup you read it right.  I went on vacation the day after my 40th birthday, after having a fanTASTIC party with friends and family and dancing (who knows how many calories I burned but I was SORE for days and it was so  much fun).  It was beautiful.  It was the reception I would have asked for had I gotten married and been traditional.  Instead I went on a vacation with my roommate (yup, he's The One) and our best friend and on the 2nd day something amazing happened.  The details would take too long to enter here but we experienced a sense of love, complete and overwhelming and the vows we said there with our friend as witness were as lasting as I ever need.  For the rest of forever.

Coming home was odd, since we already live together.  Everything was the same, the cats were happy we were home, but everything is different.  Will take some adjusting, but guess what I did this morning?  (no, not THAT you dirty-minded people, that's personal) We walked up heart attack hill.  No passing out or anything, went straight on to Starbucks and walked home again.  I'm not the only one on this journey anymore and he is supporting (not pushing, that's a B.I.G. difference) me.  I am back on track.

And life is fanFREAKINGtastic!

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment