Saturday, February 26, 2011

the weekend

So, yesterday was a killer day at work and I came home and drank a few drinks.  It'd been a couple of weeks since I had anything to drink and 2 drinks and 1 shot did it.  Otherwise I was good and stuck to my new dietary plans.  We had game night and had home-made pho for dinner with cabbage (green) instead of noodles.  I think that red cabbage might have been better but it was still good.  And filling.  And good for us.  And for dessert we had apples and bananas cut up with little tiny dollops of natural peanut butter.  We laughed because our friend that regularly comes over was here for game night and this was his first time over since we've been on this new diet.  He didn't mind at all. 

This morning we had tofu scramble with a veggie griller and onions in it and a bowl of oatmeal with apple and cinnamon with a little bit of honey.  And we've been re-arranging and cleaning the house (points for exercise!) and it's big cleaning so everything will feel an loook better when we're done.  It's quite cold outside so haven't ventured out but now I have to say that the new configuration in the living room does lend itself nicely to some early morning yoga....

Well, I'm hungry, gonna go make some beans and veggies. 

Hope each of you is able to relax this weekend and eat something good for you.  I guarantee you it'll make you feel better (especially if you put peanut butter on it).  ;)


One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment