Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 2 veggies - 2/21/11

well, I'm certainly a creature of habit so I've gotten a ritual started - banana with medifast oatmeal (very thin oatmeal, not as filling as actual oats but still good, an orange, a fuji apple, a can of black beans with no-salt seasoning with some veggie or avocado, herbal tea, baby carrots and at night I get a big hot meal.  Tonight we had the pho that he's been making without broth (yes it's bland, but if you put the sri ra cha hot sauce on it it's great) just water, green onions, tofu, mushrooms, cilantro, basil, and the gluten-free noodles (warning: the packaging they come in is the nastiest smelling stuff EVER, but if you drain it out and wash the noodles they are great).  And we steamed broccoli with lemon juice and some generic Mrs. Dash.  (And I sprayed some I Can't Believe it's not Butter on mine) 

I will tell you I want a grilled cheese sandwich right now.  But that's probably because the comedian we're watching just said grilled cheese.  Mmmm.  Yeah but I still did it.  And I will keep doing it.  Because I know this stuff is good for me.  They say to do 6 weeks of this and then start looking at adding a few of the other things back in, but only in small amounts. 

Now I need to get my ass out of bed when he leaves for work at 5:30am and come to the livingroom and try that yoga stuff. 

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment