Monday, February 28, 2011

I got the blues - 2/28/11

Yeah, I was a total slug yesterday.  Spent the entire day in my pajamas.  Showered and put more PJs back on.  I was tired and had no drive to do anything whatsoever.  So I sat in my chair and watched Contact and did my taxes.  Totally unmotivated to do anything.   I did weigh myself and I am at minus 34 pounds now.  6 more to go to my latest goal.  So, that's good!  But I still found myself in the familiar territory of the blues.   I used to live there, wallow really, but things are a lot different now and so I just visit from time to time.

Today I had my first cup of coffee in 2 weeks and I'm gonna just say this:  yeah caffeine may be bad for us but it's also GOOD for me.  I immediately felt better, more able to focus and happier.  So, the diet book states that you should only have 1 cup of coffee per day if you MUST.  And evidently I MUST.  I'm ok with that.  I can do it without sugar (maybe throw in some Equal? and some soy milk) but I will have 1 cup a day.  And I'm ok with that.

Still staying well within my weight watchers points and to the diet.  I can see a big help in the increase I've made of vegetables and fruit.  And I can tell you that I will add limited carbs such as bread and some dairy (i.e. eggs and cheese) back after the 6 weeks of "strict adherence" but I think I can handle not adding salt or sugar and staying away from the other white stuffs that are so bad for us (starchy things like potatos - high glycemic index - white bread, mayo, oil, etc).

So evidently, for me, caffeine isn't just a stimulant, it's an antidepressant.  And I'm not going to step away from that any time soon.  Sorry health food people.  Sometimes you just need a warm cup of fragrant coffee.

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment