Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Steps

So today I made the time and went for a brisk walk in the brisk winter air.  It was lovely and I only wish I'd taken the time to do it again.  But hey, that was my goal and I did it.  yay me!   And I stepped on the scale again today...not tellin the number till weigh-in day but it moved again.  I am ever-closer to that minus 40 that's my next goal.

The diet is getting easier to follow and I'm not sneaking any more cheese.  (boy did  my stomach punish me for that....how on earth did I ever eat cheese for so long??)

So today's menu was the banana and oatmeal (by the way, in the months that I didn't really blog on here I'd fallen back into a bad habit of going to McDonald's for breakfast on the way to work.  I would get a sausage mcmuffin without the sausage - vegetarian - and an oatmeal.  That racked up the points.) anyway, so yeah, my lemon ginger (caffeine free, still no coffee in over a week and no headache) tea.

Lunch was left-overs from last night's yummy stir fry of veggies and tofu plus a can of low-salt black beans, can of corn (which I regretted when I entered the points...that's a bit of starch) and 1/2 block of tofu.  I am getting to LOVE tofu.  Yes it's bland.  But it can taste like pretty much anything.  And it's filling.  I don't feel deprived when I eat it in stuff.  So I took all this stuff with some of my Sriracha hot sauce and nuked it into a warm soupy filling thing and then had an apple for dessert.

I took a Smartwater bottle that we had here (empty) and filled it with cold water and downed 1 litre of good water and had a cucumber and an orange (no salt for the cuke, just the Mrs. Dash substitute) for a snack mid-afternoon.

Dinner tonight was sooooooooo good. (I don't cook, I clean - let's be honest here) so we had steamed cauliflower (I had to put some of the Sriracha on it, I really had to....that stuff just cries out for cheese!) and the only thing that I haven't liked so far were the collard greens.  blech.  Maybe they need to be cut up or something but he just put them in to steam in a steamer and then we were to eat them.  I found mine to be too chewy and well, a bit like grass I guess.  So if any of you out there have a great collard greens recipe - send it on over!!  Anyway, the main dish and the reason my mouth is still watering:  1 mango, chopped up; 1 tomato, chopped up; 1/2 (or less) yellow onion; handful of green onions; 1block of firm tofu, chopped; 1 can of low-salt (because we can't find no salt and I'm ok with that) black beans, drained; and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Put into a bit fry pan or wok and cook until bubbly and hot.  No extra sauces.  Not even any garlic or ginger tonight. And it was so good!!  There was enough that I have a container for lunch tomorrow.  Mmmm.  Dessert was an apple with no-salt added peanut butter (Adams, crunchy).  And yeah I feel full but I know that it's all been good for me! (ok except for the oil in that peanut butter but I wasn't in the mood to grind our own)

Yup, if you are at all interested in eating vegetarian foods and are a creative cook (or live with one) I highly recommend this Eat to Live diet.  This is week 2 and I do not feel like I'm depriving myself.

Tomorrow's goal?  Take that 2nd walk.  It's "supposed to snow" so we'll see.  I would love a walk in the snow!

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment