Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The usual suspects

Ever see this movie?  (title of blog)  Kevin Spacey.  Great flick.  And today oh boy did I dabble in the usual suspects.  Fast food?  check.  chocolate? check.  ice cream?  (dear lord) check.  SODA?  check.   Reason?  Anger.   Yup.  My old pattern emerges.    Oooh I was just the other side of a righteous bitch today.  I tried to keep it from smacking people around but I know that I let my irritation show.  I had ZERO patience for stupidity.  None.  And that's not good.   Because let's face it, EVERYONE has a bad day.   Everyone makes mistakes.  And I'm sorry to say that anyone that did that around me today got either a snarky comment, flat out blunt reply (see: rude) or even bitchy attitude.    I don't know exactly why.  I don't have an excuse.  I just was PISSY.  

And about 2pm my kind-hearted co-worker (who had been on the receiving end of my bitch-snappyness) offered to get me something from McDonald's.   If I said this was the only thing I'd eaten from McD's today I'd be lying.  Yup.  I had a sausage mcmuffin (no sausage) and an oatmeal (which sounds healthy but comes with cream and brown sugar in it unless you ask for it to not be in there).  An orange juice.  A coffee (with cream and equal) AND a veggie whopper from Burger King for lunch later in the day.  And my co-worker brought me a diet soda and a small sundae with chocolate.  Yes.  I ate all of it.

And I didn't smack anyone at work.  

So there's THAT.  

But when I got home I got right into my hoodie and sweats and (with my sweet hubby who said "wait for me") trudged up heart attack hill and further down the street and back home again.  THAT counts.  THAT is part of my goal this week.

As for all that crap I ate let's just say this here and now:  I may love eggs and cheese and chocolate.   But I do NOT love fast food.  Can't eat it.  Just can't do it any more.  It all tastes like it has some sort of waxy covering to it.  Hell, maybe it does I dunno'.  But either way it's bad for me.   

The upside?  I walked up heartattack hill today.  :)    And I'm gonna do it again tomorrow.

One day.  One step.  One pound at a time.
~N

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me. Seriously. Between you, and another friend who quit sugar lately, I am getting all kinds of motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I can do it, anyone can. :)

    ReplyDelete