Monday, March 14, 2011

carpet the den

Yup, more big stuff happening in the world.  The kind of stuff that makes you feel tiny.  Like a grain of sand on the beach.  My heart is with the people in Japan. I cannot imagine that amount of loss.  It underscores my personal motto of Carpe Diem - seize the moment. 'Cause you never know when you're going to be done with life as you know it.

We're still on the diet, veggies and beans and tofu.  We had sandwiches with the family on the weekend and I can tell you that I'm really done with the heavy carbs.  Bread and cheese...yeah, I can't eat that anymore.  It just makes me feel better to be eating the veggies and fruits.  And to tell you the truth by now I'm used to the no salt or sugar (except in coffee). 

I forgot to stand on the scale this week but I know I'm on my way to the goals.  Just have to keep pretzeling myself into those yoga moves - hey I can touch my toes now...that's a good thing.  :)

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment