Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11

Ow.  I think it was the champagne toast at the end of the night that did me in.  I may not get hangovers or puke from drinking anymore (live and learn on that one - or you could just NOT drink....I know....but I like to so there ya go) but my stomach will hurt like HELL if I have too much.  Last night I made a big old cocktail of rum, vodka, gin, chocolate liquour, blackberry brandy, blue raspberry vodka, tequila and champagne.  There may well have been other drinks with other things in them but those are the ones I remember.....no they were not all in one drink, in many many.  And the last drink, a sip of champagne to toast the new year was what did me in.

So I am recovering a bit today - note to drinkers:  activated charcoal tabs, about 8 of them with a big glass of water, will help kill a hangover.  I promise.  100% effective.  Had breakfast today and forgot to ask for the egg white omelette but it was still good and stuffed with veggies.  And that short stack (3) of pancakes?  TOTALLY worth it. 

Today is Clean Slate day.  Tabula Rasa.  1/1/11.  We get to set the tone of the year from today on and I am happy to be re-focused (The N in TCN) and it is going to be a FANTASTIC year.  Happy New Year's.

One Day.  One Step.  One Pound at a time.
~N

1 comment:

  1. Wow sounds like quite the cocktail you made. We'll have to one of those together when I get back. Just over 4 months now. Keep up the good work and the great blog.

    ReplyDelete