Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 15 - not the worst Monday ever

Something about this time of year - oh yeah that's it - I got to SLEEP IN and still be early to work today!!!  I love the time change.  I just work better on this time.  Like right now?  The daylight savings time would be midnight.  But it's 11.  :)  Yes, this is much more my time.

Had a decent day at work.   Busy.  Have a semi-big presentation on Wednesday that I'm mostly dreading.  (it's the kind of presentation where you tell the people in charge what you actually do - because they have no idea) And I should have worked on it tonight when I got home but I am still working on getting rid of stuff in my room and then I sat on the couch going through old magazines (if you work with me look out for a huge influx of Newsweeks soon) and watching a documentary about death and what happens to the body during the process.  Yeah, sounds ghoulish huh?  It was fascinating. 

Anyway, then instead of working on my presentation I watched some crap tv and texted with one of my best friends.  I am really good at procrastination (you do not get to feel guilty about my not working on my presentation by the way, I would much rather text than work so stop it now you know who you are) and yeah so tomorrow I'll be working on it.  The big boss said to keep it simple....so I'll do that.  Pretty sure what they are going to be looking at is the way my time is divided between the 5 departments and the fact that 1 department hogs all my time.  And frankly that 1 department should be paying for 90% of my time and 2 others split the remaining 10.  I will have no problem answering that. 

Got another job prospect today.  Stayed under my daily points goal and am nearly done with the room renovation (for now, still have 1 more book shelf to buy at Ikea).  Life feels more in control right now.  And it was a change in head-set, a good night's sleep, and good choices in eating.

Speaking of which - 2 of you that read this regularly are going to miss out on our annual work luncheon at the good Mexican restaurant tomorrow.  Guess where I'm headed before I go to sleep? That restaurant's menu for some points planning.

Today I drank more water than I have, did not drink caffeine (and still only have a smidge of a headache!) had 2 smart ones - 1 for breakfast (love the english muffins) and 1 for lunch (the rigatoni with vodka cream sauce, cause it's good and I like saying that I had vodka at work, hee hee) some cheezits (because evidently salt is what I want right now), one of those yummy Jello Dulce du Leche cups and then for a snack at home I made some tacos - 1 point per little corn tortilla and added about 1/2 tbsp of veggie burger and a tbsp of shredded cheese.  Popped those suckers in the microwave and enjoyed them.  Later on the roommate made me some Pho and since that's a known quantity (7.5 points for a HUGE bowl of soup with tofu, sprouts, noodles etc) I was able to stay under points.

Now I gotta go check out that menu for tomorrow....cause this could get interesting....

Stay tuned.

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment