Saturday, November 27, 2010

Holidaze

so wow, I have not been on here in almost 2 weeks!!  Not to worry.  I haven't gone carb crazy and eaten the fridge.  I did have a big Thanksgiving meal, but I also planned it ahead of time and did not go over the points (including weekly that is).  Sheesh it's hard to keep up on this blog when it's this time of year. 

So, first of all this is the first weekend in almost a month that I haven't had anyone visiting.  I LOVE visits.  Especially when I get to have them one-on-one and enjoy each person in a more candid situation.  And then we've had pre-winter weather here.  It even SNOWED here - I LOVE snow.  LOVE it so much.  It didn't stay but it has been cold enough that I have not been out walking.  And therein lies my current hurdle to clambour over.....moving.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I make a really good imitation of a couch potato.  Because my couch is comfortable and it's warm inside my house and well, because generally I'd rather be lazy than move.  But I also would rather be fit than fat.  So, I must put the Wii front and center in my living room and make time for it every day.  I've been getting to work earlier than usual (which is easy since the time changed but still it's dark) and my chiropractor appointments have slowed to a more reasonable 1-2 times a week so that I'm not completely exhausted when I get back home.  So it's up to me to figure out some movement every day.  And do that for 15 minutes.  That's not long.  It's probably just a tiny bit more than I spend writing this blog and it's significantly less time than I spend on the computer.  THAT would be interesting - a computer that is entirely powered by the movement of the operator.  Keep moving and you can play on facebook.  Stop moving and *poof* no connectivity.  Hmmmmm.  Must explore that thought more fully.

Meantime I do have a couple of personal victories to recount:  1.  I wore a belt to work for the first time in I have NO idea how long.  I have a pair of pants that I like and couldn't wear anymore because who wants to be that person at the office who is in danger of walking around in their underwear whenever they stand up??? (and if you answered yes to that question - seek help).  So yay me for that.  And 2.  I am now 3 sizes smaller than I was when I started this journey in August.  :)   And this means that I have to buy a new dressy dress for my birthday in January and it will be in my new size.  (Because the dressy dress that I have now is 2 sizes too big!!!)

So, this week I will focus on just that little move.  That choice to move.  The one step at a time portion of my mantra on this blog.  Because as I have said before - nobody else is going to lose the weight for me.  If they were I'd have picked someone like Jerry Rice, 'cause he's fast!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  This year I am thankful for this blog and for you dear readers.  I trust you each had a safe and happy time with people that you love.  (We will talk about people that spend holidays with relatives they don't actually like on another blog.)

Remember:  it's always One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
(but first get off the couch)
~N

1 comment:

  1. You KNOW I am loving the Jerry Rice comment. :) I wish you and I could watch the game against Green Bay together on Sunday.

    I just caught up on 8 of your blogs. (Yes, 8. I am pathetic.) And you inspire me. I am just starting to look at the new plan at WW to try and figure it out. I looked in my food "diary" and I hadn't made an entry since September. Luckily, I have managed to "maintain" since then, and not gain. But I really need to get back on track. So thank you for your blogs. Truly. It's like reading my own thoughts most of the time.

    ReplyDelete