Saturday, May 28, 2011

Stretching is good

So, today I worked in the yard again for 2 hours.  Edging by hand is....hard.  And thus great exercise.  We had a break in the seemingly endless rain and the ground was mostly soft so it could have been much worse.  Did I mention how much I love getting instant results?  Yeah.

And then we did another P90X.  We didn't do any last night, Friday nights around here tend to be game nights so I was happy to do both this afternoon - gardening and the crazy videos.  Today's video was all about stretching and let me tell you this was MUCH better than the cardio.  Mind you it still pushes you and there are some poses (see Plough) that I simply cannot do.  But when all was said and done about 50 minutes of intense stretching and yoga (yes, even the dreaded Plank)went by and while I was winded I felt/feel GREAT.

Had fabulous stir fry for dinner, still no added salt and fresh vegetables make it the best - asparagus, basil, green onions, tofu with black bean sauce (only a little) avocado and of course Sri ra Cha.  YUM.

Looking forward to more gardening tomorrow and likely the P90X won't be as kind but it will be exercise.  :)

One day.  One step.  One pound at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment