Wednesday, May 25, 2011

She Did It - So Can We

So in the end she did it.  Olivia W. lost nearly 1/2 of her body weight and gained a new life.  And she said she did it from the inside out.  From changing the tapes on the inside (my phrase) and not allowing herself to believe she couldn't do it or didn't deserve it.  Changing a life.  And her husband also lost over 100 pounds.

A lot of the people that they showed last night had lost over 100 pounds.  That's my goal.  I want to lose 100 pounds.  And it will take changing how I do things.  Which I have already done.  It's been 9 months since I started this blog and in those months I've changed what I eat and how I eat.  I haven't changed my exercise into a habit....yet.  But being ok with eating foods that don't have added salt or oil?  Yeah that's HUGE for me.  So I can see some of the steps I've taken.

Another thing that Olivia said about her win is that she had to take things in "baby steps".  Not looking at the big goal.  But doing it bit by bit.  Oh yeah, I know that process.  My thing is that I'll take baby steps and then go "oooh!  cheese!" and go back a few.  It's a mind-set that I now know I can do, I just have to want it more than I don't.

Tonight I didn't garden for the first time in over a week.  It rained and hailed (and there was a mini-funnel cloud outside my work that FREAKED me out) and so I went to my chiropractor and got a massage on the arm that's been killing me (due to muscles being called forth from the deep).  I feel relaxed and much better.  And I believe tomorrow (if it's still rainy) I will pull out the hubby's P90-X video and do that.  Some friends of mine have been doing that for exercise and I think it's the intensity that I need to make myself do.  It's kinda like having Jillian in my living room.  (without the black tank top and snarly look every time you get tired)

The people last night were inspiring.  And the thing is - I know there are more of me out there.  I know that some of you are doing the same thing I am:  trying to get healthy.  Getting trapped in old habits and old self-talk.  But if we keep going.  If we don't give up.  If we believe in ourselves and we keep PUSHING ourselves we CAN do this.  I know it.

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

2 comments:

  1. EVERY TIME you post a blog, I could have written it myself. It is amazing how much alike we are in some ways.....especially with the weight / health stuff that you write about here. Amazing. (Were we separated at birth??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I didn't know for certain that I remembered meeting you when you were 5 (?) sitting in the front row at church while your mom played the piano I'd say maybe so. Soul sisters indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete