Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Core

So today we officially began doing the P90X program in order.  And the first cd is Core Synergistics.  Oh My Gawds.  Add into the mix the fact that my body is having it's hormonal party (sorry boys, ear muffs) and I really just wanted to come home and put my jammas on and watch a PBS miniseries and eat bonbons.

Instead I put my work out clothes on, the most comfortable ones I could find and I did 36 out of 56 of the most excruciating stuff I've done yet.  I realize that I've created a very posh little place for my core - underneath all the ice cream, cheese, carbs and McDonald's fries from years past.  Yes my core is safe and sound.  And today I poked at it from the outer shell.  I'm pretty sure it heard me and poked back because I could just sit here on the couch and fall right asleep.

There were things we were supposed to do today that I can't even remember clearly to be able to describe to you but I can tell you there were lunges, a move that they call Superman Banana (superman = lie on the ground on your belly and lift your arms out, then raise your legs and arms and head and hold that for a while.  banana = roll over and do the same thing creating the shape of a "c"), and I used some stretchy bands for resistance.  Very effective and very tiring.  Someday I will be able to get through that whole thing.  But in the meantime I'm gonna work till I can't anymore.

And now I'm gonna drink some water and find a fuzzy robe.

One day.  One pound.  One step at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment