Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day

Went back to the gym yesterday.  Everything was going well until minute 25 on the treadmill at 3.5mph.  And then I wanted to stop.   But I kept going for another 10 minutes.  Yay me! 

Today is kinda weird because it's a holiday but we work tomorrow and the holiday will include a lot of noise that will keep me awake tonight.  So I slept in this morning and finally feel like I'm getting rid of this chest cold.

This year we had hot dogs (or tofu dogs for me) and some bbq veggies for our big dinner.  It's been interesting keeping myself mindful of what I'm eating, taking responsibility for that spoonful of baked beans and spoonful of cole slaw.  And remembering that just because I can drink it doesn't mean it's not high calorie.  Today I didn't go to the gym but I played my work-out music (much to the horror of hubby who is NOT a fan of my music) and danced around the living room.  That got the heart racing.  And it was fun.  :0

Been thinking about the reason behind today's celebrations - Independence Day.  And what that can mean for me.  Freedom from bad choices.  Freedom from old tapes in my head that say I'm a failure and other nasty things.  Freedom from the belief that I won't actually make the changes I need to.  And freedom/independence from the state of ill-health I've been calling life for a while now.

Happy Independence Day dear readers.  May you find freedom from all that holds you back.

One day.  One step.  One pound at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment