Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The first week

So I cheated most days last week, but I've come to think of the cheating as part of the change in my way of eating.  So, by cheating I don't mean I ate at any fast food places.  Nope, I took my food every day.  But I did not resist a bite of egg casserole at the work potluck thing.  I crave protein.

But I didn't eat fast food and didn't drink soda.  And I made myself get up and move around the office more.  No marathons or anything, but I ate healthy stuff every day.  Most mornings I had a fruit juice and then for lunch would have whatever leftovers we had from the night before, and a salad.  Left overs were either veggie stirfry with tofu or veggie soup. 

So it's been a week and I'm 5 pounds down.  Just from changing it up, eating a ton of veggies and hardly any stuff like bread or pasta (or cheese).  The back feels better this week - Wii Yoga for a little bit helped.  Stretching and moving and drinking more water.  I feel better.  Long way to go, but it's a step.

One step.  One day.  One pound at a time.

~N

No comments:

Post a Comment