Friday, January 13, 2012

Better

9 pounds down.  Just about 2 weeks in and I have had a few days where I had carbs (today I had a 6" flatbread veggie sandwich) but for the most part I'm sticking to the juice for breakfast (oranges, grapefruit, ginger, lemon and apples = wake up juice!!) or oatmeal with fruit and then salad and soup for lunch and either soup or stirfry and tofu for dinner.  Drinking more water.  Doing at least 5 min of focused exercise every day (5 min = EASY) and going to start adding another 5 min to it as of this weekend.

Yep, I stood on the scale today and there are 9 less pounds to count.  I checked.  3 times.  And then smiled and said "ok, that's a start"

Little by little.  It will come off.  And I won't be feeling like I'm depriving myself, but I feel better when I wake up.  Oh, interesting thing I remembered/realized today - caffeine?  It's an antidepressant for me.  I had a bad bout of insomnia last night so I had to power thru 2 venti coffees today.  No mochas or lattes.  Coffee + cream and equals.

Yep.  I can do this.

One day.  One step.  One pound at a time.
~N

No comments:

Post a Comment