Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day

Hello there.  It is a gorgeous day and I am happy today.  I had a perfect vacation (even with some travel snafus) and feel more like myself and ready to get back at this whole healthy me thing.

Vacation included staying with friends who are both great cooks - and let me say I did not stay on task when it came to diet!!  Whoo boy.  It was, in all honesty, a choice that I willingly made.  I was very sad before we went and I decided that what I wanted to do was re-set.  And I did.  We did some walking around beautiful park trails and I played with an adorable baby girl.  But I also slept in and ate and drank.

So here I am on Independence Day trying to get myself in the mood to go back to work (doubtful this is going to happen, so I'll just have to show up) tomorrow and I found this article that inspired me.  This kid took it in his own hands and did what we know works - portion control and moving more.

I will not eat potato salad today, will not eat chips.  But I've already had a sandwich (dark rye, bread & butter pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion and CHEESE) and coffee.  And I plan on drinking all my "girl beers" (Mike's).

So, here's an article I found inspiring and I'll be back here again soon.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/07/01/lose.weight.safely.ireporter/

One day.  One pound. One step at a time.
~N

1 comment: